Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Easy and tasty chicken cooks first in the slow cooker to cook it through and make it tender, finish the chicken in the oven with cheese on top.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar mild salsa, about 2 cups
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 260mins
Place whole chicken breasts in 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Pour salsa over top. Cook anywhere from 4 hours on low.
After at least 4 hours in the slow cooker, preheat oven to 425°F.
Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Place chicken breast in dish and pour some of the sauce (or all of it) over the chicken. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown, and you’ll see the sauce and cheese bubbling.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Chard & Caramelized Shallot Noodle... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie - Paula Deen 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Green Chile and Cheese Chicken 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Salsa 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken 4.7/5 (9 Votes)