Moroccan Chickpea & Couscous Salad
An exotic Moroccan couscous salad with chickpeas, raisins and colorful vegetables coated in a delicately spiced olive oil and lemon dressing. Serves 4 as a side dish or two as a main meal, and pairs well with the vegetables of your choice, any cut of meat, or even a lightly dressed salad.
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups boiling chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from mediterrasian.com
Mix the couscous with the raisins in a bowl and pour over the boiling stock. COVER with a dish towel, plate or plastic wrap to seal in the steam and let sit for 5 minutes.
Place the oil, lemon juice, garlic, spices, and salt in a jar with a screw-top lid and shake to mix.
Fluff the couscous with a fork to separate the grains and stir through the carrot, red pepper, onion, chickpeas and parsley.
Pour over the dressing and toss together until well combined.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)