Filipino Style Crispy Fried Chicken
Prep time: 5 minutes
Inactive time: 8 hours or overnight
Cooking time 1 hour
- 6 large thighs
- 1 gallon water
- 1/3 cup salt
- 2 tsp sugar
Place all ingredients in a large container except cornstarch, cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator overnight. Remove chicken from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.
Steam for 45 minutes. To steam, set a good amount of water in a wok and bring to boil. Place a steamer (like bamboo steamer) on top of the wok making sure the water is not touching the bottom of the steamer. Place chicken and cover. Steam for about 45 minutes.
Toss chicken in cornstarch shaking the excess cornstarch.
Heat a good amount of canola or vegetable oil in a large wok or deep frying pan to about 350 F.
Slowly and carefully release chicken into the hot oil.
Fry until golden brown and crispy, about 10 to 11 minutes.
You'll also love
- Grilled Seafood Pasta Fra Diavolo 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Shrimp & Snap Pea Stir-Fry 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Burgers Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Low Carb Southern Fried Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Thighs with Rhubarb... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Souvlaki and Orzo 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spiced Chicken and Shrimp Egg Rolls 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- KFC Copycat Fried Chicken: Better... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)