Greek Island Chicken (D)
Serve this high-flavor dinner over cooked rice to soak up the savory sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped drypack sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 lemon wedges
Warm oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium and add onion and garlic to the same skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes, or until mushrooms render their juices.
Add wine, artichokes, tomatoes, olives, lemon-pepper seasoning, honey, salt, oregano, cinnamon, and chicken. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
Uncover and cook 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly and a thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 160F and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with lemon for squeezing.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita 4.4/5 (333 Votes)
- Mexican-Style Pasta With Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Tender Chicken Gizzards 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken Strips 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dill Chicken and Artichokes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crockpot Greek Chicken with... 2/5 (1 Votes)