Easy Tender Chicken Gizzards
- 1-2 lb chicken gizzards (rinsed)
- 1-2 cups flour divided
- 2 liters Coca-Cola
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup real butter
- 1-2 tsp of multi spcie seasoning ( Mortens > Natures Seasons)
1. Bring 2 liter of Coca-Cola to a rolling boil in a large stockpot.
2. Place rinsed gizzards in boiling pot.
3. Bring back to a rolling boil, reduce heat to steady simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
4. Remove gizzards and drain.
5. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. The cooler the better.
6. In the divided flour, mix the seasoning in one half (leaving the other half plain). Beat the eggs well-- place the butter in a medium-large skillet and heat until hot, while not burning.
7. Take cooled gizzards, dredge in flour, egg, the seasoned flour.
8. THIS IS THE VERY IMPORTANT PART!
9. FLOUR -- EGG -- SEASONED FLOUR-- IN THAT ORDER!
10. Place gizzards in the fry pan and cook for 2 - 3 minutes per side, turning occasionally. Remove when golden brown.