Tuscan Bean, Chicken, and Italian Sausage Soup
- 3/4 pound Italian chicken sausage links, casings removed and sausages cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
Cook sausage in a large pot over medium-high heat until cooked through and completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
Cook and stir onion with the sausage until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add squash and garlic; cook and stir until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute more.
Pour chicken broth, white beans, and diced tomatoes into the pot; stir. Add spinach, red wine, and Italian seasoning; bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until hot, about 15 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with Pecorino-Romano cheese to serve.
You'll also love
- Chef John's Chicken and Mushrooms 3.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Skillet Roasted Chicken and... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- SQUID - Sausage Stuffed Squid 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Hashbrown... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Chunky Squash & Chickpea Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chipotle Mole Negro Sausage 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Hamburger Helper Chicken Cacciatore 4.5/5 (15 Votes)