German Sausage & New Potato Salad Recipe
Nobody does sausages like the Germans, so try this potato salad with sausage for an authentic taste of Germany.
- 2 1/4 pounds waxy new potatoes (1-kg)
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 3/4 pounds frankfurters, bockwurst or knackwurst, sliced on the diagonal (350-g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- Fresh chives, chopped, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from channel4.com
Put the potatoes into a saucepan of salted water and bring to the boil. When boiling, add the stock cubes and cook over a medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool in cold water. Drain again.
Meanwhile, fry the frankfurters in the olive oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
Make the dressing for the salad. Mix all the ingredients together. Pop the potatoes into a bowl, add the spring onions, frankfurters and mix with the dressing. Sprinkle with the chopped chives to serve.
You'll also love
- Bacon-Wrapped Blackberry Pork Roast 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Greek Salad 111 (without Lettuce) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Three Bean and Pork Slow Cooker... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Beef & Broccoli 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Make Ahead Italian Sausage & Pasta... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beer-Braised Sausages and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Famous KFC Coleslaw Recipe 4.5/5 (83 Votes)