Spicy Beef & Broccoli
Serve this simple and delicious beef and broccoli dish over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced scallions. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak (can substitute flank steak or top round)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoon sunflower or vegetable oil
- 2 pounds broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 5 tablespoons dry sherry or rice wine
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Sesame seeds
- Minced green onions
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodiewithfamily.com
Lay the beef out on a cutting board. Break it down a bit by slicing into 3-inch thick strips along with the grain.
Sprinkle both sides of the steaks with salt, pepper, and cornstarch and rub to coat.
Heat a heavy bottomed skillet over high heat. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons and heat until shimmery.
Carefully lower the beef into the oil and sear for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Transfer the beef to a rimmed plate and lightly tent with foil. Set the pan aside.
Preheat the oven to 500°F. Line a sheet pan with foil. Drizzle any accumulated pan juices from the beef over the broccoli florets in a large mixing bowl. Add the sunflower oil and kosher salt and toss to coat. Arrange the broccoli stem sides down on the foil lined pan.
Roast 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly charred on top and the stems are easily pierced with a sharp knife.
Slice the beef against the grain into 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thick slices.
Whisk together the chicken stock, oyster sauce, sherry, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, grated ginger, and cornstarch.
Return the pan you used to sear the beef to high heat. Drizzle in the 2 teaspoons of oil. Add the minced garlic and ginger and stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Pour in the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil, scraping the crispy bits off of the bottom of the pan. Simmer until it begins to thicken.
Toss in the sliced beef and any accumulated pan juices. When the beef is done to your liking, toss in the cooked broccoli and heat through.
Serve immediately on fresh rice. If desired, garnish with sesame seeds and sliced scallions.
You'll also love
- Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies,... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Skillet Fried Corn 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sauteed Pork Tenderloin Medallions... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Easy Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Beef & Broccoli - Instant Pot 4.5/5 (14 Votes)