Spiced Orzo with Spinach
- 8 oz (220 g) orzo
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 oz (175 g) baby spinach leaves, washed, but not dried
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until tender, according to the package instructions.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, about 3 minutes, until softened. Stir in the garlic, coriander, cumin, and cayenne, if using, and cook for 1 minute more.
Stir the spinach (with the water clinging to its leaves from washing) into the saucepan. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, or just until wilted.
Drain the orzo well, shaking off any excess water. Add the orzo to the spinach mixture and mix well. Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot or cooled.
You'll also love
- Avocado & Chipotle Deviled Eggs 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Harvest Pumpkin Scones, adapted... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Potato Nugget Nachos 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Baked Ziti - Pioneer Woman 3.6/5 (242 Votes)
- Rigatoni in Blush Sauce with... 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Chipotle Creamed Spinach Phyllo... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spring Pea Orzo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sunset Orzo with Spanish Shrimp 4.5/5 (13 Votes)