Spanish Rice with Chorizo
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz.) can Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth (or any broth)
- 1 medium sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb. chorizo sausage links, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces (about 4 links)
Place a wide, high-sided skillet or pot over high heat. Add the beans, Rotel, broth, bell pepper, onion, rice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Cover the pot.
Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the sliced sausage. Cover. Continue to simmer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes for white rice).
Remove the pot from the heat. Uncover and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.