These applesauce raisin cookies are actually pretty healthy, and safe for diabetics or those with certain diet restrictions.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins, dark or golden
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from diabeticconnect.com
Cream the oil and sugar together. Add the egg and beat until light.
Blend the vanilla and applesauce.
Stir the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, oats, and raisins into the creamed mixture. Blend well.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly oiled baking sheets. Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes, cool on a wire rack.
Carbohydrates 10 g
Protein 1 g
Fat 2 g
Sodium 47 mg
You'll also love
- Oatmeal Cookies 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- ~Easy As Coconut Pie~ 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Hot Hard Apple Cider 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Chex Mix 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Amaretto Bread Pudding 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Christmas Maraschino Cherry... 4/5 (51 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (10 Votes)