Best Ever Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Candied Pecan Ingredients
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- pinch salt
- Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup extra light tasting olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salad Ingredients
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 small red onion sliced
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 avocado, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 (5 ounce) package blue cheese crumbles
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Place a sheet of parchment paper on the counter top to dry the pecans.
In a small skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add pecans, sugar and salt. Stir until pecans are well coated. Stir until the sugar caramelizes, about 3-5 minutes.
Spread onto parchment paper. Separate pecans. Allow to cool.
Meanwhile: in a pint size mason jar combine dressing ingredients. Seal and shake until well combined. Set aside on the counter.
In a large bowl combine the spinach, onions, strawberries and blueberries. Pour about 1/2 of dressing over salad, and toss. Top with avocado, cheese and candied nuts. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving (or serve immediately).
Serve with the remaining dressing on the side. Enjoy!