Eggless Corn bread
Originally a recipe developed to save on eggs during World War One, this recipe serves as a useful find for those unable to consume eggs or who simply do not like them. To make this recipe suitable for vegans, use soy milk or another plant based milk option and a vegan margarine or olive oil.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup bread flour
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, margarine or oil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from wikihow.com
Beat all of the ingredients together thoroughly.
Pour mixture into muffin pans.
Bake in a moderate oven (350°F to 375°F) for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire cake rack.
You'll also love
- Weight Watcher Easy Peach Cobbler 4.1/5 (89 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie -... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Bites 4/5 (114 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Caramels 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark 4.2/5 (75 Votes)
- Crescent Apple Danish 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Samoa Scones 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Big, Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits 4.2/5 (61 Votes)