Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles
Switch up snickerdoodles by adding chocolate chips with this perfect cookie recipe from CrazyforCrust.com.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup + 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from crazyforcrust.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats.
Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or you may use a hand mixer). Once the mixture is creamed and fluffy, mix in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth, then mix in the baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Slowly mix in flour until the mixture is just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
Place remaining 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir.
Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough and roll them in the cinnamon sugar, then place them 2” apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the bottoms just start to turn golden brown. (These taste better if you err on the side of under rather than over done). Cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Notes: Skip the chocolate chips and you have yourself the perfect snickerdoodle cookie recipe!
You'll also love
- Easy Country-Style BBQ Ribs 4/5 (56 Votes)
- Buttermilk Pancakes for Two 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Cranberry-Sage Champagne Cocktails 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Squares 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Soft Apple Spice Cookies 4.2/5 (9 Votes)