Oven Roasted Potatoes (Olive Garden)
By Kathy C.
I made some of my own adjustments to the original recipe.
- 4 medium baking potatoes (or red potatoes, 2-3 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks (not in original recipe)
- 1 medium green pepper (I prefer using only red peppers)
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely (not in original recipe)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced (4 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (I use 1-2 tsp each dried oregano & basil)
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped (I omit)
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese grated (I omit for dairy-free)
Adapted from olivegardenathome.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Scrub potatoes & carrots (I leave skin on) and dice into 1-inch pieces. Core and seed peppers and dice into 1/2-inch pieces. Coarsely dice onion. Set aside.
Mix olive oil, rosemary or oregano & basil, salt, garlic and pepper in a bowl.
In a baking pan, toss potatoes, carrots, onion and peppers with the oil and herb mixture. (I use broiler pan lined with foil)
Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
Sprinkle potatoes with parsley and Romano cheese, if using.
NOTE: I roast at 375 degrees for 40 minutes, stirring gently twice during that period.
You'll also love
- Christmas Party Cranberry Dip 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Orange... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- potato mac salad (Hawaiian style) 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Grilled Sausage and Pepper Rustica... 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper and Canellinini... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)