blueberry crumb bars
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter (2 sticks or 8 ounces)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and lemon zest. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
3. In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. (This took an extra 10 to 15 minutes in my oven.) Cool completely before cutting into squares.
You'll also love
- Best Homemade Potato Salad 4.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Soup - Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato,... 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Frozen French Lemonade 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Lemon Yogurt Cake from The... 4.2/5 (136 Votes)
- Baked Strawberry Donuts 4/5 (239 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with... 4.5/5 (89 Votes)
- Blueberry Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (84 Votes)