Alaska Snow Crab Stir-fry
- ORANGE-GINGER SAUCE:
- 1 pound Alaska snow crab single-cut legs
- or split legs thawed if necessary
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 3 cups snow peas trimmed
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 4 stalks green onion cut into 1" pieces
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Orange-Ginger Sauce: Whisk together all ingredients; set aside.
Cut snow crab into 2-inch pieces; score shells using serrated knife. Heat 1-tablespoon oil in frying pan over high heat. Add crab, cover, and stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Add 1/2 tablespoon oil and broccoli. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and remaining vegetables to pan. Stir-fry 1 minute.
Add cooked crab and broccoli. Pour in Orange-Ginger sauce; stir to coat vegetables. Continue to stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and serve with cooked rice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.