Chicken and Asparagus w/Penne Pasta
A light but super-tasty pasta dish, with fresh asparagus cooked in broth with sautéed garlic and seasoned chicken.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch slender asparagus spears, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Stir in chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
Pour chicken broth into the skillet.
Stir in asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Return chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
Stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well.
Let sit about 5 minutes.
Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir again.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Good 'n Easy Garlic Chicken 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Five-Spice Chicken Thighs 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Pepper with Beans and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Asparagus Shepherd’s Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Asparagus Guacamole Dip W. W.... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese Ham Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Asiago Chicken Pasta with... 3.7/5 (44 Votes)