Roasted Pepper with Beans and Macaroni
- 4 bell peppers – any color
- 1 large onion
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes – diced in chunky pieces
- 29 oz. can of cannellini beans – drained
- 1 tbs. capers plus a tablespoon or two of caper juice
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves – ripped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3-4 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. of your favorite macaroni
- Fresh Romano or Parmesan cheese for grating
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
Preheat Oven 350 degrees
Place the peppers and onion on a baking sheet whole and bake until wilted.
Remove from the oven and let cool.
Heat a sauce pot with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Slice the peppers and onions; reserving the juice from the peppers, and carefully place in the heated oil with the garlic.
Add the tomatoes, capers, basil and seasonings; simmer on low for approximately 30 minutes. The longer is simmers the better it gets.
Add the beans to the peppers while preparing the macaroni.
Plate the macaroni and top with the peppers, drizzle of olive oil and grated cheese.