Good 'n Easy Garlic Chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium (or regular) seasoned salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2/3 pound)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons butter
Adapted from marlenekoch.com
1. In a small bowl, stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned salt. Set aside.
2. Wrap the chicken breasts in plastic wrap, gently pound to ¼- to ½-inch thickness, and coat them with the seasoning mix.
3. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until well browned and barely cooked through.
4. Pour the chicken broth into the skillet, tilting to evenly distribute the broth. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook chicken for an additional 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to plates or a single serving plate.
5. Swirl the butter into the broth and reduce the mixture slightly. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Marlene Says: To make four servings, double all ingredients, however when doubling the broth, add ¼ cup as directed in Step 4 and the additional ¼ cup with the butter in Step 5.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: