Beef Stroganoff in an Instant Pot
Traditional beef stroganoff is quick and easy to make in your Instant Pot! Serve over rice, egg noodles or pasta with a side salad for dinner tonight.
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg noodles, cooked
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from pressurecookingtoday.com
Season beef generously with salt and pepper. Put oil in the cooking pot and select browning. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all the meat is browned, do not crowd, add more oil as needed. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions soften and begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute.
Add beef broth and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot. (These will burn if not scraped up.)
Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 18 minutes.
When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes use a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
Add soup and saute' 2 minutes. Add sour cream and heat through.
Serve over rice, egg noodles, or other pasta.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Pressure-Cooker Caramel Flan 4/5 (82 Votes)
- Best Banana Nut Bread 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Fajita and Rice Soup 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Beefy Broccoli & Cheddar Burritos... 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Juicy Pub-Style Burgers 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Asian Short Ribs Pressure Cooker... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)