Crab & Corn Chowder
Nothing beats a warm, comforting bowl of crab chowder with corn on a winter day. Serve with your favorite crusty bread for dipping and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Serrano pepper, minced
- 4 ears of corn, kernels removed (3/4 cup each ear)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups broth
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Sauté onion, corn, garlic and Serrano pepper. Add chili powder, cumin and paprika. Stir to combine. Turn heat up to medium-high and add broth and 1 cup water. Simmer 12 to 15 minutes.
Ladle 2 cups of the chowder into blender And purée.
Add back to the soup, reduce to low heat add cilantro, lime juice salt, and crabmeat. Stir gently and simmer 5 minutes.
205 calories. 7g fat. 18g protein. 22g carbs. 3g fiber.
You'll also love
- Popcorn with Sesame-Glazed... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken and Kielbasa Winter Stew 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fabulous Bacon Glazed Salmon 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Pressure Cooker... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Almond, Kale, and Banana Smoothie 5/5 (2 Votes)
- CONDIMENT - Dry Shrimps Spiced... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crawfish Étouffée from Houmas... 5/5 (2 Votes)