Corrected Version: Slow Cooker Orange Mongolian Chicken PRINT
Published: May 12, 2013
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Place flour and salt in a bowl and mix to combine. Drop chicken pieces into the flour mixture. Toss and stir until all pieces are well coated. Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Pour olive oil into the pan, brown chicken, turning often.
In another bowl combine vinegar, ketchup, orange juice concentrate and brown sugar. Stir to mix. Place chicken in the slow cooker, and pour the orange mixture over the top. Apply lid and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 4 hours. Serve over white rice.