Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
Easy, cheesy and creamy homemade mac and cheese. Your family will thank you!
- 1 (16 ounces) pound cavatappi shells
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from pumpkinnspice.com
In a large pot, cook noodles in boil water until al dente, per packaged directions. Drain and set aside.
In a medium pot, melt butter. Then whisk in flour, salt, and pepper.
Slowly add milk and heavy cream, whisking until combined.
Heat mixture until it bubbles over medium heat.
Reduce heat to low and add in cheeses. Stir until melted.
Add pasta to cheese mixture and toss to combine.
Let macaroni and cheese sit for five minutes to thicken.
You'll also love
- Easy Strawberry Pie 4.7/5 (28 Votes)
- Baked Cheese & Broccoli Bites 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- hearty beef and pasta soup 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasticcini di pasta di mandorle... 4.3/5 (60 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Penne with Sweet Summer... 4.9/5 (11 Votes)