Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
These versatile noodles can be made in minutes with whatever frozen veggies you have on hand. Cold noodles are a great next-day lunch. From Southern Living Magazine.
- 8 oz dried linguine or vermicelli
- 1 16 oz pkg frozen vegetable blend
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 T grated fresh ginger
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- crushed red pepper
- small fresh mint leaves
Cooking time 20mins
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, return to pan.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, and garlic until smooth. Pour over drained pasta mixture, tossing to coat. Heat through over medium heat. Top w/crushed red pepper and mint leaves.