Spicy Thai Beef-Noodle Soup
- 6 oz packaged rice noodles, or vermicelli
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 4 medium scallion(s), green and white parts, divided and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeٌo pepper(s), seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, minced
- 6 oz lean beef round, or sirloin, trimmed of fat and diced
- 7 cup(s) fat-free beef broth
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen green peas, baby size
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 27mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Using sharp scissors, cut noodles into 3-inch (7.5 cm) pieces.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add white portion of onions, jalapeño and ginger and sauté 1 minute. Add beef and sauté until browned all over, 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth and soy sauce and bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer 10 minutes (if necessary, skim fat from the surface during cooking).
Add noodles and peas and simmer until noodles are just tender, 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add green portion of scallions, cilantro and pepper sauce. Serve hot. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
You'll also love
- Mushroom-Beef Noodle Soup 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Hungry Girl Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Crab Apple Sauce 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Stuffed... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Jay's Deep Fried Turkey with... 3.9/5 (77 Votes)
- Million Dollar Macaroni & Cheese... 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna 4.1/5 (16 Votes)