Lemon Pasta With Chicken And Pine Nuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil plus
- 2/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 ounces lemon-pepper fettuccine (or regular fettuccine)
- 2 1/2 cups snow peas - (abt 5 oz) cut into
- matchstick-size strips
- 3/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Cool. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain well; transfer to large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Add chicken, snow peas, pine nuts and parsley; toss to incorporate all ingredients.
Whisk lemon juice and mustard in medium bowl. Add remaining 3/4 cup oil in thin stream, whisking constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss pasta with enough dressing to coat. (Can be made 3 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Toss before serving.)
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
This dish is best served either chilled or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)