Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped, plus extra for
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
Preheat oven to 375º F and season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and, once hot, add chicken.
Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until chicken is nicely browned. Repeat on other side, then transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
Return skillet to heat and add onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, then pour in chicken broth and lime juice. Season with cilantro and red pepper flakes.
Bring mixture to a boil, making sure to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until sauce is reduced and thickened.
Whisk heavy cream and butter into sauce until incorporated. Return chicken to skillet, then place in oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked, yet still tender.
Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
Garnish with remaining cilantro and lime wedges, and serve with a side of asparagus.
You'll also love
- Spicy Chinese Shrimp and Sweet... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- One-Pot Pork with Apple Cider &... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Tilapia baked in parchment with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Orange Spice Carrots 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Orange Caramel Ice Cream Sauce 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Lime Salad - Mom 4.3/5 (6 Votes)