FOUR CHEESE CHICKEN PASTA BAKE
- 1 lb of Fusilli Bucati Corti pasta or any noodle would really work, even fettuccine, boiled to al dente and drained
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 4 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons grated Gouda cheese
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces of mascarpone cheese
- 10 ounces of cooked chicken breast, sliced or cubed, I like grilled chicken
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese for topping
Adapted from adashofsanity.com
Heat oven to 350. Spray baking dish, square 9x9 or oval dish, with cooking spray. Cook pasta as directed and drain.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat to low. Stir in mascarpone, white cheddar cheese, Gouda, parmesan and half-and-half. Allow all cheese to melt and meld together while continuously stirring. Once completely mixed together and cheese is melted, stir in chicken.
Add pasta to chicken mixture; toss gently to mix well. Spoon into baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 15-25 minutes or until hot in the center.