RAVIOLI WITH SAUTEED ASPARAGUS AND WALNUTS
A quick and easy ravioli dish with sautéed asparagus and walnuts in a light, easy butter lemon sauce.
- 1 - 8 oz package of fresh ravioli – I used Trader Joes goat cheese and sun dried tomato ravioli
- 1/2 pound of asparagus – snap off the tough ends – chop asparagus into thirds or smaller.
- 1 half lemon
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tbs minced parsley
- 6 twists of pepper
- 2 tbs grated parmesan plus some to serve at the table.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
While waiting for the water to boil, chop your asparagus into thirds (snap off tough white ends and discard). Mince parsley, squeeze lemon and measure out walnuts and butter.
In a large sauce pan, melt 2 tbs of butter over medium heat until frothy. Add chopped asparagus to the pan, stir slightly to coat asparagus with butter and cover with the pan with a lid. The asparagus should be slightly damp when adding it to the pan. The pan should only be on medium heat so you don't burn the butter or the asparagus. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes - depending on thickness of asparagus.
While asparagus is cooking, add ravioli to boiling water and cook as per the package instructions – my package said 4 minutes. Drain when done and add to a bowl.
When asparagus is done, remove asparagus with a slotted spoon. There will be some browned butter left in the bottom of the pan. Add asparagus to the bowl of ravioli.
Add lemon juice and 6 twists of black pepper to the pan with the remaining browned butter and bring to a boil and stir for 30 seconds. Pour the butter lemon sauce over cooked ravioli and asparagus. There will not be a lot of sauce - you just want enough to lightly coat the ravioli.
Add walnuts, parsley and 2 tbs parmesan cheese - toss gently to combine.
You'll also love
- Soy-Glazed Black Cod 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Clean Eating Cabbage Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chia-Crusted Oven-Roasted Tuna... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Warm Pasta Salad with Italian... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Broccoli Rabe with Beans and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Asparagus 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fabulous Old-Fashioned Linguine... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe