N'awlins BBQ Shrimp
Lots of French bread, for dunking in the tasty homemade BBQ sauce, is the perfect accompaniment for this spicy, tangy shrimp.
- Seasoning Mix:
- 2-3 dozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 stick, plus 5T unsalted butter, reserved
- 1 1/2 t minced garlic
- 1 t Worchestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup beer, room temperature
- Fistful of cilantro, chopped
- Thick-sliced French bread
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper
- 1/2 t dried thyme
Season peeled, deveined and rinsed shrimp with kosher salt; set aside.
Combine seasoning ingredients; set aside.
In a large skillet on medium-high heat, combine 1 stick of butter, Worchestershire sauce and seasoning mix.
When butter is melted, add garlic and shrimp. Cook 1 minute, moving skillet back and forth (instead of stirring).
Add remaining 5T butter. Cook and shake pan for a minute or so, until melted.
Add beer and cook one minute longer.
Remove from heat. Immediately pour shrimp and sauce in a large bowl. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with lots of French bread on the side for dipping into the sauce.