Shrimp & Vegetable Stir Fry
Frozen (or fresh) shrimp and fresh veggies are sauteed in butter and seasonings then served with rice of choice.. white, brown, or my favorite, fried.
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen large shrimp, thawed, peeled, and de-veined
- 1 stalk fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped, about 2/3 cup
- 4 large mushrooms, cut in quarters or thick slices
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- Garlic salt, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Prepare all of the vegetables and clean the shrimp to start. Set the shrimp aside to dry on several layers of paper towels.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the veggies and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, until crisp tender, stirring to keep from burning. Remove mixture from the skillet.
In the same skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter; when hot, add the shrimp and lightly sprinkle with garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for about 4 minutes or until pink. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
Add the vegetable mixture back to the skillet with the shrimp and season with garlic salt, salt, and black pepper to taste, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cook just long enough to heat through. Serve with your favorite rice, white, brown, fried, etc.
You'll also love
- King Cake 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Crispy Baked Chicken Parmesan 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cream Filled Donuts 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Hot Asiago Crab & Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Cod with Mushrooms, Garlic &... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Dry Rub Babyback Ribs with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)