Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
Recreate your favorite comfort food at home with this cheesy, delicious, and hearty broccoli cheddar soup recipe! I think it tastes just like Panera's!
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 medium chopped onion
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 lb fresh broccoli (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from therecipecritic.com
Sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon melted butter and set aside.
In a large pot whisk together the melted butter and flour over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Slowly whisk in the half and half and chicken stock. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
Add the broccoli, carrots, and onions. Let them simmer on medium low for about 25 minutes until the broccoli and carrots are tender.
Add nutmeg, salt and pepper and sharp cheddar cheese. Let the cheese melt and then serve. For a smoother soup, you can use your blender to puree it.
You'll also love
- No Bake Pumpkin Bars 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Paleo ‘Hail Merry’ Lemon Tart... 3.9/5 (94 Votes)
- Pigs in a Cornbread Blanket 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Primal Broccoli and Cheddar 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe