Classic Cranberry Sauce
It's easy to make classic cranberry sauce at home, and so much tastier than buying a can.Listening to them pop, and the aroma they give your home, you'll look forward to making them again.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Place cranberries in a strainer; rinse with cool water. Remove any stems or blemished berries.
In 3-quart saucepan, heat sugar and water to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 5 minutes.
Stir in cranberries. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to pop. Cover and refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled.
Make sauce as directed, adding 2 teaspoons grated orange peel with cranberries. Be sure to cook the cranberries until they pop in order to release the natural pectin, which thickens the sauce.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Applesauce Cake 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Caramelized Onions in the Slow... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Raspberry Bars 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Berry Tiramisu 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- No Sugar Low Carb Angel Food Cake 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (13 Votes)