Mamaw's Chicken and Rice Casserole
This chicken casserole is easy to prepare ahead of time and pop in the oven about an hour and half before dinner time. Serve with a side of steamed vegetables.
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into cubes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups instant white rice
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced into pats
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease sides and bottom of a casserole dish.
Stir cooked chicken cubes, water, rice, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and cream of mushroom soup together in the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Arrange butter evenly over the top of the chicken mixture.
Bake in preheated oven until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through, 1 hour to 75 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Cilantro Chili Chicken Skewers 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder 3.9/5 (30 Votes)
- Sticky Thai Peanut Orange Chicken... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Tomato Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Leek Soup with Shoestring Potatoes... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Pot Roast 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Million Dollar Macaroni & Cheese... 4.1/5 (25 Votes)