Chicken Pot Roast
Was playing around and this turned out really well, so here it is. I made this in a Kitchen Craft Waterless Slow Cooker.
- 1 frozen whole young chicken with giblets and neck removed
- 1 frozen bag caldo medley frozen vegetables (has onion, carrot, celery, small red potatoes and corn on the cob segments)-I found it at Kroger, but you could use any medley of hardy vegetables.
- chicken seasoning
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- lemon juice
- Chiavetta's marinade (a local product from Buffalo, NY area. You can order it online, or use a tasty, vinegar based marinade of your choosing)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 300mins
1. Put bag of caldo medley in slow cooker, but separate the corn and potatoes, so the carrots, celery, and onions are covering the bottom.
2. Rinse chicken, and cover in seasonings (chicken seasoning, garlic salt, black pepper, parsley)
3. Put chicken in slow cooker, and place corn and potatoes around it in the pot.
4. Add a few dashes of lemon juice and marinade. You don't need a lot.
5. Put cooker on heating element, set to 5 or as high as it will go, for 4-5 hours, or until internal temp of chicken is 180 degrees.
6. After removing chicken and vegetables, reduce liquid and thicken with a slurry.
You'll also love
- Easy Chicken Marsala 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Roast... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Cajun Slow Cooked Whole Chicken 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Southern Chicken Bog 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- 4 Cheese Bacon Stuffed Smothered... 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Sticky Chicken 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie with Pie Crust 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Provencal Chicken Mussels Pot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)