Mango Coconut Avocado Toast
Whole wheat toast is spread with a combination of creamy/chunky avocado mash and mango chutney with toasted coconut flakes. Yum!
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, pitted
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus an additional squeeze
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 4 large slices 7-grain whole-wheat bread, toasted
Adapted from wsj.com
In a bowl, smash one avocado to a chunky paste, then mix with juice of ½ lemon, cilantro, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Dice remaining avocado and fold it into avocado-olive oil mixture.
In a small skillet over low heat, toast coconut flakes until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Combine with mango, mint, a squeeze of lemon juice and salt to taste.
Evenly distribute avocado over each slice of toast and top with mango-coconut mixture. Cut in half and serve.
You'll also love
- Radicchio, Blood Orange & Goat... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Noodle Salad with Chicken and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Chicken & Caramelized Fennel 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spicy Pepper Apple Chutney 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cashew Coconut Breakfast Bars 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Moist Coconut Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken, Mango, & Sugar Snap Pea... 4/5 (1 Votes)