Avocado Toasts with Heirloom Tomatoes
This Avocado Toasts with Heirloom Tomatoes recipe is soo good! The spread features perfectly seasoned avocado, fresh heirloom tomatoes and a drizzle of optional but recommended crème fraîche or yogurt. Yum!
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 medium ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, preferably Sungold tomatoes; halved
- 1 cup mixed herbs, such as basil, cilantro and mint, roughly torn
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 thick slices Good quality day-old bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 ripe Hass avocado, pitted, quartered lengthwise and peeled
- 1 Persian cucumber, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Crème fraîche (or yogurt), optional
Adapted from souschefseries.com
To a small bowl, add the sliced red onion and red wine vinegar. Set aside to macerate for 5 minutes
To a medium bowl, add the chopped heirloom tomatoes, halved cherry tomatoes, torn herbs, sea salt, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil and macerated red onion plus 2 tablespoons of the red wine vinegar macerating liquid. Stir to combine and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
Into a toaster, such as the KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series 2-Slice Automatic Toaster, add the bread slices.
Once they are golden-brown, use a pastry brush to lightly coat the bread with the remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and rub with halved garlic clove.
On each piece of toast, place an avocado quarter. Use a fork to smash the avocado onto the toast. Season with a pinch of salt and place the toast onto the plates.
To the bowl with the tomato mixture, add the, sliced cucumber. Stir to combine, then spoon some of the tomato salad over each toast. Sprinkle with the freshly ground pepper.
Drizzle with the:Crème fraîche or yogurt, if using.
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Rainbow Lasagne with Heirloom... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Edamame & Ricotta Toasts 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Asian Cabbage Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Dressing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lamb Cutlets with Strawberry &... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Mexican Tequila avocado nachos 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato & Bocconcini-Stuffed... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Tomato Gratin 4/5 (1 Votes)