Chicken, Mango, & Sugar Snap Pea Salad
Crisp salad under 300 calories.
- 3 6 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 6 oz. sugar snap peas, strings removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 oz. baby argula leaves (~4 handfuls)
1. In a large skillet, cover chicken in lightly salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until cooked through but still juicy, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting bar and let cool slightly.
2. While chicken in cooking, whisk together lime juice, oil, soy sauce, and ginger in a small bowl. Bring a second saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add snap peas and cook for 30 seconds. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain again.
3. Dice chicken and place in a bowl. Add 2 1/2 Tbsp of dressing and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a large bowl, toss snap peas, mango, cucumber, mint, and arugula. Serve salad topped with diced chicken.
239 calories per serving/5 g fat/15 g carbs
You'll also love
- Lorraine's Crisco Banana Spice Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cream of Crab Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Squash & White Bean Sauté 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Soup, White Bean and Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Mango Jicama Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Mango Crepe Samurai 3.4/5 (25 Votes)