Radicchio, Blood Orange & Goat Cheese Salad
Sweet, sour and salty, this radicchio salad from Justin Severino of Pittsburgh’s Cure and Morcilla comes together in minutes. Loaded with citrus, avocado, pistachios and goat cheese, it makes a light and satisfying meal
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to season
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 2 1/2 medium blood oranges
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 3/4 cup pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 1/2 medium heads radicchio, outer leaves removed and interior leaves separated and torn into 3-inch pieces
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
Adapted from wsj.com
Pour vinegar into a small bowl. Whisk in oil and season with lemon juice and salt to taste.
Use a knife to trim top and bottom from fruit. Set fruit on end and, slicing from top to bottom following curve of fruit, cut away peel and pith. Release sections one at a time by inserting blade between membrane and flesh on either side and then removing loosened flesh.
In a large bowl, combine orange supremes, mint, pistachios, pomegranate seeds, avocado and radicchio. Rewhisk vinaigrette and toss in just enough to coat leaves. Season with salt.
Smear goat cheese across a serving platter or individual plates. Drizzle cheese with olive oil and season with salt. Arrange salad over cheese and garnish with extra torn mint.
You'll also love
- Noodle Salad with Chicken and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- PORK N BEAN BREAD 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Seared Chicken & Caramelized Fennel 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- EASY PUMPKIN MUFFINS 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Pepper Apple Chutney 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Reed's Shepherd's Pie with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- BARS, LEMON CURD 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Mousse 4/5 (1 Votes)