Spicy Turkey and Green Bean Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 pound 99 percent lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small half-sour pickle, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Asian chile paste, such as sambal oelek
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir in the rice, cover and boil until tender, about 18 minutes; drain well and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Toss the green beans, 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil and the sugar on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil, stirring once, until the beans are tender and charred, about 8 minutes.
3. Heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned, 3 minutes. Add the garlic, pickle and chile paste and cook until the garlic is slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
4. Whisk the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar and cornstarch in a bowl. Add the green beans to the skillet with the turkey mixture and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Serve with the rice.
You'll also love
- Baked Ziti with Shrimp and Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Venison Stew with Dried Cherries 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hamburger Cabbage Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England–Style Home-Corned... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Green Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken & Green Bean Dinner 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken (or Turkey) Devon 0/5 (0 Votes)