Spinach Corn Bread
This is a nice twist on traditional cornbread.
Enjoy with Love and Blessings,
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour milk or buttermilk (for sour milk add 1 teaspoon vinegar to the milk and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it curdles a bit)
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 42mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Place frozen spinach in a pan and defrost on low heat. When spinach is fully thawed; place in a colander and squeeze the spinach to strain all of the excess water from.
Melt butter. Turn off heat and let cool while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Place flour, cornmeal baking powder, sugar, and salt into mixing bowl and combine.
Add the melted butter, egg, spinach and milk or sour milk and mix.
Butter a baking 9 x 9 baking pan. Place batter in the pan.
Bake 25 – 30 minutes or until toothpick test in center comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Lemon Supreme Pie 4.3/5 (57 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Peach Cobbler 3.7/5 (269 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard, Crock pot 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Pumpkin Dream Cake with Cinnamon... 4.2/5 (53 Votes)
- Corn Dog Casserole 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Spinach and Jack Cheese Bread... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Rolls 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
Review this recipe