Chicken Hunter's Stew
Received this recipe from a friend and realize that we don't "hunt" chickens, but I guess this meat is an easy substitute for us "non-hunters".
So delicious and all in one pot.
- 2 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (I use boneless/skinless)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine, (or water or broth)
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound brown mushrooms
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 pepperoncini chiles (Italian frying chiles), seeded and cut into strips (my friend used 2 poblanos/I use 2 cans roasted chiles)
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- salt & pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
In large pot, over medium heat, cook thighs in oil until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Add onions and garlic, and cook, stirring until softened, about 4 minutes.
Pour in the white wine and cook until it has nearly all evaporated, about 8 minutes.
Add the potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers and rosemary sprig, season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook about 30 minutes.
Uncover and continue cooking until potatoes are tender and cook off some of the liquid, to desired consistency, about another 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with Cranberries and... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Sticky Thai Peanut Orange Chicken... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Patty Parmesan 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled Five-Spice Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Marsala 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken & Sausage Gumbo 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Pollo Guisado - Puerto Rican... 4.1/5 (57 Votes)