Chicken and Rice Soup
- 1 whole chicken or roasting hen or 4-6 chicken breasts
- 4 qts chicken broth
- 1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, green beans)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
Bring broth to a boil, add chicken and cook until done. Remove chicken and let cool. Save broth.
In a saucepan, saute onions until clear; add garlic and saute another minute or two. Add in frozen vegetables and 2 cups of the broth. Bring to boil then let simmer while you chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
Add chicken and vegetables to large pot of broth. Stir in rice, salt and pepper and simmer 15 minutes. (Until rice is tender.) Mix milk and cornstarch together then add to soup. Stir until thickened. Serves 16-20.
You'll also love
- Filipino Style Crispy Fried Chicken 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Grilled Seafood Pasta Fra Diavolo 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Burgers Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Low Carb Southern Fried Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Dale's New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Ream's Noodles Classic Chicken... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Marsala Chicken and Mushroom... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)