Perfect Apple Pie
Delicious apple pie is perfect all year round. Serve warm and topped with a scoop of ice cream.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (about 6 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 180mins
Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients. Spoon filling into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Pecan Apple Upside Down Pie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Mini Vanilla Apple Strudels 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- White Chocolate Key Lime Pie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Ham and Cheese Sandwiches 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Salmon - Instant Pot 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemony Layered Pie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)