Gone to Heaven Chocolate Pie
This recipe's title 'Gone to Heaven Chocolate Pie' pretty much says it all. Enjoy!
- Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 pie shell
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Bake pie shell; cool.
Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart saucepan. Combine egg yolks and milk in container with pouring spout. Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Add 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. Pour into prepared pie shell; press plastic wrap onto filling. Cool. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled and firm.
Garnish with whipped cream and remaining chocolate chips, if desired.
You'll also love
- Zesty Quinoa Salad 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Creamy Cheesecake with Caramel... 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Peach Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake with... 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie 3.9/5 (298 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate Chess Pie with Graham... 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
Review this recipe