Chicken Alfredo With Mushrooms And Asparagus
- ** courtesy Jean Anderson
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package sliced fresh white mushrooms - (8 oz)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped onion (abt 1 medium-large yellow onion)
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 package carved fully-cooked chicken breast - (10 oz)
- 1 package prepared alfredo sauce - (10 oz) (from the refrigerator counter; use light or reduced-fat, if you like)
- 1/4 cup dry Marsala, Sherry, or white wine
- 1 package frozen asparagus cuts - (9 oz) do not thaw but do
- separate into individual pieces
- 3 cups Al Dente Make-Ahead Rice (see recipe), reheated
Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over moderate heat 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, marjoram, thyme, and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the juice released from the mushrooms evaporates, about 5 minutes.
Add chicken, alfredo sauce, and wine; adjust heat so mixture bubbles gently, then cook, stirring frequently and breaking up chicken, until steaming, about 3 minutes.
Add asparagus, distributing evenly over surface of mixture, cover and cook just until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes; no longer or asparagus will become mushy.
Make a bed of rice on heated deep platter, spoon chicken mixture on top, and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Bayou Stuffed Catfish With Cajun... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Atkins Crab Cakes 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spiced Blueberry-Peach Jam Without... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Twice-Baked Potatoes (Pioneer... 3.9/5 (62 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Topped Turkey Pot Pie 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken, Mushroom, and Brown Rice... 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Preserved Olive... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Asparagus and Spinach Frittata 4.4/5 (7 Votes)