Atkins Crab Cakes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 small red bell pepper finely chopped
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1 pound lump crab meat picked over
- 1 cup fresh Atkins Bread Crumbs divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook bell pepper and green onions 3 minutes, until softened. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Add crab, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, parsley, and Old Bay. Mix with a fork until combined. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
Sprinkle a layer of breadcrumbs on the bottom of a 1/3-cup measuring cup or a cleaned, empty tuna can. Fill measure with crab mixture and pack lightly using the bottom of a measuring cup. Sprinkle a layer of breadcrumbs on top and pack lightly with the measuring cup. Invert crabcake onto a plastic-wrap lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining breadcrumbs and crab mixture to make 8 crabcakes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
Heat oven to warm setting. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Transfer four crabcakes to skillet using a wide metal spatula. Cook 5 minutes, until golden on bottom; flip with a spatula, and cook 5 minutes more. Transfer crabcakes to baking sheet to keep warm; cook remaining crabcakes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 6.5 grams
Net Carbs: 3.5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 27 grams
Fat: 24 grams
You'll also love
- Spiced Blueberry-Peach Jam Without... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Grilled Whole Catfish 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Benihana Shrimp Sauce 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- SPICY PARMESAN SHRIMP PASTA 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- ENGLISH MUFFIN CRAB APPETIZERS 5/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe