Sweet and Nutty Kale Salad
- Honey Walnut Dressing (makes about 1 cup):
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt + more to taste
- water, to thin
- 4 cups of chopped kale (I used lacinato, but any type will work)
- a few pinches of salt
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small apple, cored and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 2 stalks celery, split lengthwise and chopped
- 1/3 cup of the dressing, or more to taste
- dried cranberries and walnut pieces to garnish
To make the dressing, process the walnuts in a food process until very finely ground.
Add the honey, salt, and vinegar and continue to process until really smooth.
Add water, about 1 Tbsp. at a time to reach the desired consistency.
To make the salad, start by massaging the chopped kale with a few pinches of sea salt and olive oil. Add the apple, pineapple, and celery, then toss with 1/3 cup of the dressing. Reserve remaining dressing for later use. Top with walnuts and cranberries.
Makes about 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Nut and Date Pie Crust (Paleo) 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Smoked Pork Chops with Spicy... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Olive Garden Spaghetti Carbonara 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Corn on the Cob - NuWave 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Salmon Spinach Pasta 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Rock Bottom Brewery's Spicy... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cherry Summer Kale Salad... 4/5 (4 Votes)