Holiday Kale Salad with Cranberries, Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds, and Crystallized Ginger
What I like best about this salad, besides the fact that it is completely delicious, is that you can dress it ahead of time, and it will never get soggy. The Kale leaves can stand up to whatever you throw at them.
- Kale, washed and cleaned
- Raw Almond Slivers, handful
- Dried Cranberries, handful
- Roasted and Salted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas), handful
- Crystallized Ginger (Candied Ginger), 6-8 pieces chopped up finely (No candied ginger? Try dried pineapple)
- Orange Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Sesame Oil or Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
Cooking time 30mins
Remove Kale leaves from the hard stem.
Cut into bight size pieces. Set aside.
In a skillet, with the heat on medium, toast almond slivers for about 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
Make the Orange Dressing.
In a jar, combine orange juice, oil, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.
Place a lid on top. Shake to combine. Set aside.
In a large bowl, place half of chopped up Kale. Sprinkle half of the cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ginger, and almonds. Drizzle with dressing. Repeat with the remaining kale, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ginger and almonds. Drizzle with more dressing, serve.